Monday, August 22, 2011

My little household had a rough night last night. Lucy came down with a raging urinary tract infection that made itself known at 1:30am and we spent the rest of the night outside in the pouring rain trying to pee (well, she did - I just kept her company, poor baby, and Sophie went back and forth from her bed to the yard, demanding to be dried off every time. oy)
Of course, by 6:00 this morning, I had it pegged as bladder cancer with a poor prognosis. I called the vet as soon as she opened and was instructed to get a urine sample (!) and I was glad no one could see me in my PJs, creeping about my front yard behind Lucy, shoving a pan lid under her hind end whenever she started to squat. She would immediately hop up when she sensed me there and throw me a look that said, get away from me you perv.
So, sure enough, it's a UTI and she's on antibiotics for two weeks and fingers and paws crossed tonight will be a little quieter. They've been sacked out all day so we shall see. . .
Here's the little patient.

2 comments: