Monday, August 1, 2011

Saturday saw me in my president's hat as I held our annual neighborhood association meeting at my cottage. It is always fun to catch up with each other, then let the conversation dissolve into complaints about taxes and the prices the locals charge, before I call the meeting to order. I have one more term as prez.
Yesterday was filled with goodness! I met my sister and bro-in-law in Augusta where they handed off my dearest darling Anna! And if that wasn't enough, the two of us spent the afternoon at the 34th Annual Maine Quilts show. Not the most cutting edge or slickest show I've been to but very, well, ernest. And, there were a lot of really great quilts. The theme this year was something about bears, not quite sure what that was about but there were a lot of them. Check it out:
 Here is my beautiful niece and an old molting stuffed bear, poor thing (the bear, not Anna.)
 Cute quilt - there's another bear up in the foliage.
I want to show you my absolute fave of the show. I wish I knew this person. The story of it is printed on fabric and part of the quilt and I hope you can read it. It is awesome.

This next one was the winner and well-deserved really.
Here is the Augusta Civic Center's claim to fame. Yeah baby, the King was here!
After a quick ice cream stop at the Scoop, we were home and in the studio, inspired to sew. I'll show you Anna's creation when she finishes it today. Now, here are a few more of the quilts if you're interested.
 This quilt was a tribute to Roy Rogers. I like it because it reminds me of Lu. She always says "Happy Trails."



No comments:

Post a Comment