Tuesday, September 13, 2011

So, with two new grand-babies on the way, I got to thinking about burp cloths (oooh, I don't like that name) this morning when I went for a walk and I had an inspiration. So, when I got home I went to work. 
I sort of measured myself and then, not having a baby immediately available, I got Piggy to fill in so I would (hopefully) get back and front lengths right.
I used a little bowl for the neck cut-out. 
Here is the cutout and I then sewed right sides together, turned them and topstitched.
Here is Piggy pretending to burp so I can see if it will work.
Voila! Here are two of the finished product. Love that Dr. Seuss fabric.
So, I think that will work but if any mother out there wants to give me some input, I'm all ears.
And, here is Lucy, asking Mom? What's up with the pig??

5 comments:

  1. super cute, much better then the ones i made
    -a

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just make sure it is long enough to go down your back a little. They tend to miss the shoulder sometimes. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, mommies, but how many inches down the back? Do you think 4-5 is enough?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Auntie Liz, here's an idea from a non-mommie who is left-handed and often seems to do things in the opposite way that others do, instinctively. So, how about making it symmetrical with four or five inches or so going down the back on either side of your neck? then you could switch baby from one side to another if burp is not forthcoming quickly, without having to switch the cloth around. Bonus is that if you are eating something sloppy like spaghetti, you can wear it as your own personal shirt protector (ok, I mean bib. Those of us with a "shelf" sometimes need them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually, they are two sided so work on either side . . . you're thinkin' though, Lola . . .

    ReplyDelete