Saturday, September 3, 2011

These, my friends, are red leaves. Yes, it is that time of year when the days are shorter, the mornings are chilly and now this. The leaves are turning colors and fall is upon us. So, what happened to summer??
I'm not all that pleased with myself for how I spent my summer. I did the necessary as far as moving out of my home and saying good-bye to my neighbors. The boat sold. I misunderstood the promise of teaching quilting and that sort of threw a wrench into my plans. So, I worked this summer and kept up with my volunteer stuff. Tried not to feel sorry for myself. Way too much of that. It was a lonely summer. I didn't feel lonely, don't get me wrong. Pretty content actually. Just sort of cut off from the world. I didn't have the normal influx of visitors or do any traveling.

And, now I'm thinking of the Counting Crows song that says, August and Everything After, you get a little less than you expected, somehow . . .

A little melancholy tonight; perhaps it's all of those red leaves.

1 comment:

  1. This is only because you are in Maine. If you were in NVA, you would be rejoicing.
    This summer sounds like a time of transition for you. For me too. I'm sending positive thoughts your way. :))

    ReplyDelete