Sunday, October 16, 2011

Well, I can't rake the leaves and so sad I can't perform my favorite fall chore (not!) Oh well, lots of lovely compost lying on the ground, ensuring a beautiful lawn next year. maybe
 Chris came and took my dock out. Seems like only yesterday he was putting it in for the season. On the other hand, it seems eons ago. Not the best summer for me this year - next year will be the bomb!
 Feeling a bit stir crazy with this hand so the girls and I took a ride over to Morses and then to Beth's Farm Market to look at the pumpkins and squash and apples and corn, you get the picture. The giant white pumpkins were absolutely gorgeous. They were making apple crisp but I managed to abstain.
Every fall my husband used to sing "The Autumn Leaves drift by my window. The autumn leaves of red and gold . . . " I used to laugh and laugh. So, there is a good memory, right?  Too bad it is followed with such a sick stomach. Ah well, this too shall pass.
On a better note, I made the best rice dish last night in honor of the autumn. I used a mix of wild and brown and I cooked it in one cup of water and one cup of apple cider. I used chopped green onions, diced apple and some crushed pecans (didn't have walnuts.) It was so good! (I made a piece of salmon to go with it which totally DID NOT so the girls had a yummy breakfast.)
That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment