Sunday, October 23, 2011

well, i should have known i wouldnt be able to control myself if i went to a quilt show. even if it was a little bitty show held at a firehouse. the backroad quilters guild - and backroads is a good description - in west gardner held a sweet little -as in tiny- quilt show and i made the trek there yesterday. that, combined with a trip to alewives, my fave quit shop, put me over the edge and i had to sew. HAD TO. as in compelled. HAD  TO. first of all, here are a few of the quilts from the show.
the guild must have made this for the firehouse 
i thought this was cute and original
and this french braid was very nice 
i had to do something i could handle one handed so rotary cutting was out. hmmmm so, after consulting a few patterns and books in my "studio," i cut a piece off my roll of oilcloth and voila. a cute little wallet was born. don't think i care too much for the pearl snaps. . . Anyhoo, here is is.
so, my hand is definitely feeling the use afterwards but stitches come out tomorrow - the ones in my hand, not the bag - so i'm feeling like it was ok. i mean, come on, no sewing for three weeks. that is just so not a reasonable expectation and i plan to inform the doctor of this fact - again.

No comments:

Post a Comment