Monday, March 18, 2013

St. Lucia and St. Maarten

I'm combining these two islands in my account because I got sick the night we left Barbados and have not been my usual busy self; sleeping 12 hours at a time. Bad cold. And, hello? Every time you walk into a dining room, every time you go on or off the ship, there is a little person with a spray bottle saying "washy-washy" in an annoying sing-song voice and well, a lot of good it did me, is all I can say. 
sweet kitties on an island where life is cheap
This picture is actually left over from Barbados but when is the last time you saw a Woolworths??
So, this man is the reason I am now infamous on our cruise. His name is Winston and he was our taxi driver on St. Lucia. His idea of going on an island tour was to take us up to his neighborhood so he could point out all the crazies and drug addicts and stop to holler at all his peeps and stop at his friend's restaurant and bar to try to spread the wealth. 
I took exception to Winston when he proceeded to tell us about his wife, his kids and his girlfriends and how his mission in life is to "please the ladies." No matter my snide remarks (and not so snide, i.e., you are pig, etc.), nothing could dent Winston's arrogance.
Juanelle and Jan with a nice bar lady, and  Winston, the little creep
So finally, Juanelle put her foot down and said take us back. He took us to the beach (where he was originally supposed to take us) and we stopped to use the rest room. At which point I was lagging behind the other two and Winston decided to put the moves on me. Are you KIDDING me?? Well, obviously Winston needed some education into the consequences of his actions and I was only too happy to oblige.
Anyhoo, long story shorter, this morning when I came to class, Nancy Lesko, our teacher today, said YOU'RE LIZZIE? uh oh  The word about Winston and his emasculation had gotten around (smug smile from yours truly.)  Seriously. Men. are. pigs.
So, this was the beautiful sunset leaving St. Lucia

And, here is where I spent yesterday on St. Maarten. At the beach. My favorite place to be. I baked my cold and swam and baked and swam and baked and swam. Perfect. 
I went up to the top foredeck to watch St. Maarten recede. The last stop on my cruise. So glad I spent the last day on land in beautiful St. Maarten at the beach. Went to bed at 7:30 and woke up this morning at 8:00, feeling somewhat better. 
 One more picture: Our class today was titled, Under the Sea, and here is my work thus far:

Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment