Monday, April 22, 2013

Saturday
Had another fun day in Frederick. We visited the Community Bridge, a trompe l'oeil project that is simply amazing and if you are ever in the area, you must visit. Everything you see, the stone blocks, the alcoves, everything is painted on flat concrete. Wow.

the view from in front
the view from the window of the art school

faux!
even the ivy is not real! 
So, yesterday we got up early and Stacy departed for points south while the girls and I loaded up and headed north. It was our longest day on the road but I was determined to get to Massachusetts to my sister's house, wanting to hug every one of them and see their faces, after all the crap that went down in Boston. We were on the road for well over nine hours, had terrible traffic in Pennsylvania this year, but flew through Hartford which felt like a miracle, and was mos def a first! We arrived in time for dinner and I loved sitting around the dinner table with everybody, just being in the bosom of my family. (that is such a weird expression, isn't it?)
Also, got to meet the newest member of the family, G, named after Mr. Callum in NCISLA and if you don't get the reference, it doesn't matter. Suffice to say, he/she/it - we're not sure yet - is the cutest little black kitten ever. I did not take one picture. I was so tired that I squirted face wash on my toothbrush and didn't realize it until I put it in my mouth! oy
Final lap today!

No comments:

Post a Comment