Sunday, April 7, 2013

We had a doozy of a storm the other night (and don't you love that word? doozy) with hours of lightening and thunder and rain and wind. Two little worried furry faces appeared at my bedside at about 3:00am so I got up and put Enya on the ipod and tried to get back to sleep. It's the wee small hours when the unwelcome thoughts come pouring in and I finally got up so as to stop rehashing what was and consciously focus on what IS. So. Onward to yesterday where I spent the day in a class called "Funky 9-Patch", taught by the fabulous Mary Ellen.  The Florida Keys Quilters had their monthly meeting first
and then efficiently transformed meeting room to classroom.
My work station. You would know it is mine by the Bali batiks! And Miss Elna, of course.
There is no better way to live in the moment than creating something beautiful. The day passed in a pleasant hum of productivity with like-minded women. I consider myself incredibly lucky to have this outlet.

No comments:

Post a Comment