Wednesday, April 17, 2013

So, I said goodbye to Sue and the girls at the pool and oh will I miss them!
And I celebrated my last mass of the season at Our Lady of Perpetual Mimosas with my dear friend, Lu, and said goodbye for now to the gang.
Snappers
And I slogged three more loads of stuff to storage without the help of any mental defectives (is that a slur? I hope not. I don't want to be mean or politically incorrect... but it did go quite smoothly without them) OMG it was sweaty work. I mean, how do people live down here in the summer?  Holy mutha! The heat and humidity are unbelievable! Can you imagine being one of the first settlers here, with no AC, no screens to guard against mosquitoes? Oy vey, I am ready to open a vein and I have both of those things and more. But I digress.
Packed the car and repacked the car and took more stuff to storage and packed the car again. And cleaned the house. And cleaned the yard. I want to publicly give a SHOUT OUT to Gloria and Tom and Lu for helping me. What on earth would I do without you three? Thank you thank you.
And then there are the girls. I was tempted to visit the vet for some Xanax, they were that anxious. I heard them whispering in the night, she's going to leave us here, I just know it! So in the oppressive heat and humidity, this is where I found them again and again.  Panting.
hot dogs
I got off 2 hours late yesterday because I had to take yet another load to storage and visit the vet (not for Xanax) and then a visit to Dr. Lu, who fixed my back and got me tuned up for the long ride north; bless. Put on the air conditioning and said goodbye to the Fabulous Florida Keys with the gorgeous turquoise waters and the HORRIFIC heat and humidity and fled.
I made it to Palm Coast before sunset and stayed in the same room at the Days Inn as last year and it was pretty great. I am determined not to stay in any fleabag bedbug-infested motels this trip. A modest goal, I think.
This is what relief looks like. No more stress: we are coming with mommy. I am now in the habit of getting a room with two queen beds, when possible. This is why.
Got up this morning to temps in the 60's - hallelujah! Hotter than hades again today but not like in the Keys. Much gratitude from yours truly. Today was a long day on I-95, then over I-26 with about 60 gazillion obnoxious tractor trailers, and then I-77 all the way to Statesville, NC. I will swallow my diatribe about being in the South. Suffice to say, I look forward to not having any more redneck pickup trucks on my ass because they don't like my bumper stickers. Getting up early tomorrow and heading for Yankee territory!

ADDENDUM: I've got to figure out a better way to stay in the Keys. Since I don't own my own place and my pig of a husband left, it is a real challenge to pack up and move twice a year. Next year I resolve to get rid of more stuff. Even if I love it, I don't necessarily need it. Right?

I just re-read my affirmation for today:  Today I only speak words that are loving, positive, and constructive.  OOPS!

No comments:

Post a Comment