Friday, April 26, 2013

Today marks the two year anniversary of my divorce. I can't believe how that thought still has the power to make me feel sick and sad. I will say I now realize that I am 100% better off without him. He sucked the air out of a room and I am definitely my own person now, not just an extension of him, which is what I'd become. But, that's life with a sociopath. I do still miss my best friend and the laughing, how we "got" each other, but that person is in the wind. Maybe never even was. And, that hole will fill up altogether soon enough. Those things were not worth the other mean ugly parts anyway. Especially since I have such wonderful friends all my own now, and a better life, albeit quieter. So I really can't complain. Just mark the day and move on and probably next year, April 26th will just be another lovely day and I won't think about such things at all.

1 comment: