Sunday, June 30, 2013

I live my life to a soundtrack.  Enya before sleep. Deva Premal in the middle of the night. Singing to the girls when I open my eyes in the morning to the tails beating on the closet doors (rise and shine and give dog that glory glory or we're all in our places with bright furry faces). Virgil Flowers or Lucas Davenport in my earbuds while I take a walk, Morning Edition with my coffee and breakfast, The Takeaway while I get ready for work, The Diane Rehm Show or WCLZ when I'm on my way. If I'm working at home, Talk of the Nation, Speaking in Maine, Fresh Air, The World, All Things Considered. WBach all evening.

Overtop of this cacophony: my thoughts. My out of control thoughts. My not to be drowned out thoughts. What did they talk about on the radio today? I don't know. I didn't hear but every tenth word. My quest for life in the moment? Not.

NOTE:
So, Friday my affirmation reads, I practice forgiveness daily so that I am free to move beyond the past into the present moment.  And yesterday, I bless the past with love, take a deep breath, and move gently into the new. Today, it's Spiritual growth means that I start the forgiveness process. I love the feeling of freedom when I let go of my 'stuff'. Think the Universe is trying to tell me something? Jeezum

Today is the beginning of the Quilt Along with Michele Foster from Canada. This one is called, Aiming for Accuracy, because of all the points. Here is hers:  
aiming-for-accuracy-qal
It will take 16 sessions, going into October. I have no idea if I'll be able to keep up but I like the idea of it and I think I'll give it a shot. After all, I'm only 10 days behind right now. sigh  Listening to the Paul Parent Garden Club as I write this, catching about every word in ten. 

No comments:

Post a Comment