Thursday, June 6, 2013

I have not had a moment to write anything because - YAY! - my mother and daddy were visiting me. It was a whirlwind visit but good times. Here are a few pictures for your perusal.
On Monday, we visited mom's college roommate, Marty, at her beautiful new old house in Lincolnville. Great fixer upper and I was quite envious for such a project - peek of the ocean from the windows. Really lovely. We went to Belfast, LOVE Belfast, for lunch and a little shopping. This is actually a 3-panel screen to hide the kitchen in Darby's where we had lunch. Sweet! We went to Fiddleheads and drooled over the fabric (Marty and I think alike so I loved everything she chose) and Yo Mama's Home for an oilcloth fix. Such a fun shop. 



On Tuesday, we went to look at the alewives, who are just about finished spawning so not too many of them. But it was a beautiful day and we walked up to the top of the fish ladder. Then, King Eiders Pub - shout out! - for oysters and then a little shopping in Damariscotta. So yesterday, off to the Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens because it is just. so. gorgeous. right now. Here are the parental units posing in front of the Garden of the Five Senses.
Cute kitty fence in the Children's Garden, and I missed my little great nieces and nephews who always have such fun here.




 We walked a forest path to see the hundreds of Lady Slippers in bloom. These are two rare albino ones. You really must go to the Gardens.

 The rhododendrons are sublime.
Mom and friend in the drying shed.
And lastly, I'd like to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my Dad today. 
Lots of love from your eldest, Daddy! May you enjoy many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment