Monday, August 26, 2013

I found love!

right in my back yard:
Well, my dog Lucy has lost her ever lovin' mind. It doesn't help that on top of being deaf as a post she is now senile. She has taken to going in the Lake for a swim at all hours - and not necessarily when it is hot (or even daylight) outside as previously. She sees imaginary prey that must be chased down when all Sophie and I want to do is go in to bed. Last night, the neighbors came out because I was whistling and screaming for her - yes she can sometimes (selectively?) hear loud high pitched sounds. oy vey  We could hear her crashing around in the woods and it's a wonder she hadn't been impaled on a tree branch by the time she finally emerged.
And while I'm complaining, sort of, I have been watching the last season of Downton Abbey and last night they killed off Lady Sybil!!! I couldn't freaking believe it and I cried like a baby. Nooooooooooooooo! Had to use Preparation H under my eyes to get the swelling down this morning. I mean I knew somebody was going to die but I thought for sure it would be Mr. Bates. Oh no. Him too?  Noooooooooooo  Anyway, don't tell me because I won't be able to finish it until my next visitors have gone home.


No comments:

Post a Comment