Sunday, August 18, 2013

So, as you have probably gleaned by now, I have a famous artist staying with me. And while Gloria did this quick finger drawing of the girls, which I love, who knew she had a future as a painter . . .  
Sophie and Lu
of APPLIANCES!? Look how beautiful my sink is looking. I've had the sandpaper and primer and paint and brushes for months but couldn't seem to get started, either because of weather or well let's face it, laziness. So while I was at work, Miss Gloria got busy and voila! 

primer phase 
in progress 
woohoo!!!
I told her she looked like she had defensive wounds on her hands and arms (OK, yes I do read too many bloody serial killer mysteries.)
So yesterday we took a day off and went to Beth's Farm Market for corn and veggies and let me tell you, fall is really in the air. Bins of squash and pumpkins and chrysanthemums were the stars of the show. 
onions drying in the greenhouse

And that inspired us to go to Moose Crossing for mums. And boy did they have mums. For practically as far as the eye could see.

my wagon with mums and pansies
just one more beauty on a day with many




No comments:

Post a Comment