Thursday, August 1, 2013

sleepless in . . . Maine

Another sleepless night - can't get in to see the doctor until Tuesday by which time I'll be a raving lunatic. Spent the night trying to think positive thoughts, from little acorns, mighty oaks, everyone knows an ant can't . . . high hopes, etc. etc. But then the screech owl started well screeching, sounding like a wounded hyena, and visions of him swooping up demented chipmunks and therefore drinking the kool aid came and then it wasn't much of a stretch to think about walking out to my car and getting snatched bald by the now mentally defective owl. anyhoo Suffice to say it was a long night. sigh  I am endeavoring to believe that by Tuesday, I will no longer be in need of a sleep aid but instead be sleeping like a dog all night long. Either that or in a rubber room at Riverview Psychiatric Hospital.

So, where was I?  Oh yes, I wanted to wish my Mother and Daddy a very HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! They have been married for about a million years today and still going strong. Congratulations you two!


1 comment:

  1. Sorry about the lack of sleep, Lizzie.
    On the brighter side, it's a lovely photo of your parents.
    Say hello from me if you get a chance?

    ReplyDelete