Sunday, June 8, 2014

Love Bob Clark, Despise Sears!!

First of all, SHOUT OUT to Bob Clark, my hero. While it has taken Sears 5 WEEKS (and yes, I am shouting) and counting to hook up my dryer, Bob did it in 5 minutes! Please people, if you discount everything else I say, hear this: Do not ever order anything from Sears Home Delivery. They suck!  Bob, on the other hand, rocks!

Ok, had to get that out of the way. So my friend, Carol (Bob's wife) and I left early on Friday morning and drove to the Mardens in Lewiston for a meeting of the Maine Modern Quilters, of which I am a proud member, and a class on making a hexie pillow. I have not had time to unpack my fabric so grabbed this cute "Collage Cups" by Windham Fabrics that I had to hand. Really, you just need a charm pack. Putting it together was a little tricky until you figured out your triangles and half hexagons. The pattern is by Jaybird Quilts.  Here is my top.

We had three rooms packed with sewists!
Show and Tell: love her batiks
Really nice shading and quilting
Figuring out the layout for the hexie pillow
And this last picture is the view from my window at 9:30 last night. I get to look at this view before I go to sleep every night and continue to be quite amazed and humbled by such a gift.

* * * 
I love Sundays. I listen to the Paul Parent Garden (pronounced gaaah-den) Club Show. Just heard an 86 year old woman call in about the groundhogs in her gaah-den and how she'd like to "shoot the buggahs"!  I love Maine.

No comments:

Post a Comment