Sunday, June 1, 2014

Yesterday, a beautiful sunny day here in the great State of Maine, I picked up Miss Susie Q and off we went to the Spring into Summer Quilt Shop Hop. We only made it to three of the five shops because well, these things can't be hurried. Not when there's fabric involved!
We made the looooong haul to Auburn and Quiltessentials and it was so worth it. I may have dropped a few dollars there. Also met Jo Diggs, a wonderful landscape quilter whom I've always admired.
simply could not resist this laminated cotton
On to Freeport and Cotton Weeds, a favorite of mine, where I picked up a few more pastel batiks for Lu's quilt.
Across the street, we stopped in to Buck's Naked BBQ for a quick lunch. I had no expectations, I mean BBQ in Maine? Really? But, have to say it was really yummy. We had the pulled brisket sandwich special. They advertise "fooze" which is apparently a little food with your booze. We did not indulge but apparently if you order a bloody mary, it comes with a bbq'd rib on the top. Weird.
Fortified, we drove on to Bath and Mariner's Compass. Not my favorite shop but just look at this fabulous turtle they made from Kaffe fabrics. Might have to try something like that . . .
And, then we were out of time as I had to rush home to let the girls out. I may have to  take a little trip to Alewives Fabrics today when I finish in the garden.

* * * *

So this morning, I woke up having a sweet dream about an old boyfriend of mine I hadn't thought of in a long long time. I mention this because today is the 29th anniversary of my wedding and my first waking moment was NOT focused on my husband. That is a huge forward step! I haven't yet had a day when he didn't cross my mind but that will come in time. Maybe one day, I won't even notice this anniversary. Maybe. I loved being married and I loved my husband and I miss my old life still. But I'm no longer utterly miserable. Time really does heal. My affirmation from Louise Hay for June says, I so appreciate the beauty that life shows me every day. My gratitude is another expression of love. Giving and receiving love is so easy when I relax and just allow it to flow. 
Amen sister.


No comments:

Post a Comment