Friday, June 20, 2014

Well, this is the view from my hotel room this morning in Bangor. A beautiful day. I left work early yesterday and drove up to see Alison Krauss in concert!! Oh, and Willie Nelson. So excited!!!!
Came to Darling's Waterfront Pavillion for the first time and here is the walk in.
 Kacey Musgraves opened and she was so good!
And hey! Hold the phone! Isn't that my nephew, Nat, playing guitar?? Looks just like him!
It was a full house and I had fourth row seats, as you can see. I sat down, looked up at the stage and my jaw dropped. Fabulous seats.
the crowd
I love love love Alison Krauss, an all time favorite of mine and the main reason I drove up. She was so wonderful and the girl can play the fiddle. She did all of my favorites and I cried during Ghost in this House. My life. She was GREAT!
There were four ovations. The crowd couldn't get enough. It went from a sunny day into night while she was on the stage.
Ok, I know this is ridiculous but here is the only picture I got of Willie Nelson! This is him and his son playing a duet. Little did I know this was the last photo op I would get and then my camera's memory was full.
Anyhoo, he came out with his trademark braids and played the heck out of his old standards as clouds of pot rolled over the crowd. The duet he played with his son (Lukas) was called Just Breathe. Really beautiful. The man is 81 years old, people! It was a wonderful night and I stayed up way past my bedtime. However, no wet little noses to wake me up this morning (thank you, Wendy!) so I rolled over at 6am and got two more hours. Divine decadence.

No comments:

Post a Comment