Sunday, November 20, 2011

So, to catch you up, from Vilano Beach I hightailed it to Stuart to meet my new great-nephew, Ben. A beautiful little boy, and so wonderful to see Genevieve and Seth who are growing like little weeds. And, of course, Natonio and Sarah - they have a fabulous house with a pool (and I am green with envy.) So happy I stopped but instead of spending the night, I made a beeline for the Fabulous Florida Keys. The girls and I could smell the barn, if you catch my meaning.
So, I got to the dump, I mean house, that I rented on Monday night and have spent the last five days trying to make it habitable. And things are looking up. Two of those days were spent moving out of my storage unit in Florida City and having my things around me has  made things better. (And, not to complain or anything but it is wicked hot and humid here - my least favorite kind of weather. oy) So, without further ado, here is my new abode:
not much to look at from the street side
but this is the back of the house and if it ever cools down,
will be a great living space - nice right?
Here is the canal and tiki out back and nice to see the
working boats going out and coming in. That's my hot tub.
No need for it  yet, that's for sure.
This is a shot of the living room from the kitchen. My BFF was going
to buy that palm from the Habitat Re-Store and I demanded
she let me have it. And she did. She will have
it back in April when I leave..
Yikes! Scary killer palm frond in the canal!

No comments:

Post a Comment