Thursday, November 24, 2011

Well, the girls and I spent a quiet day together, which I guess is my new tradition. Not so terrible really. (And not so quiet at times.)
The highlight of my day was when Lu-Elaine and Tom stopped by on their way north. We went outside to look at Sophie swimming in the canal and Lu decided to show her how to use the steps. I heard a splash and this is what I saw next.
So she and Sophie had a little swim . . . 
before she struggled out of the canal, took a quick shower, and they were on their way. Note: I noticed neither used the steps to get out. I'm thankful for Lu-Elaine and Tom and their friendship. And the fall in the canal was priceless. (Ok, it was hilarious but I don't want to go into that because she was pretty scraped up and I'll feel awful if I laugh and she is hurt.)
So, this is what my thanksgiving dinner looks like:
Yummy fresh Key West Pink shrimp and a nice salad. yay.
* * * 
I'd like to say I haven't given a thought to previous Thanksgivings with my husband or that I hope he won't choke on whatever he is having for dinner today.

But I can't.


No comments:

Post a Comment