Saturday, April 14, 2012

Greetings from Palm Coast tonight

So, allow me to catch you up on my busy little life. We last spoke on Sunday and here you see brunch at Snappers (aka Our Lady of Perpetual Mimosas) It was a windy warm gorgeous day on the ocean.   I will miss you, my friends.
My beloved Lu and Tom (see you in Maine!)
Mick and Ellie, my Sunday brunch mates, love them.
And the beauteous Janene. Look how sweet she is! 
* * *
Ok, so Monday after work, I started packing up. Moving all of my STUFF to the garage and Tuesday, Happy Hour at Bayside with the gang from water aerobics. Could not miss that - no way. Such a bunch of lovely people. Lucky me to know them. 
Wednesday, Johnson (yes that is his first name - last name, Vargas) came over to help me move my stuff up to Florida City to storage. Here he is hard at work. He is a great kid, funny and strong. I was able to go down a size at the storage place so I continue to sell and give away my STUFF but these things take time . . . Johnson and I moved everything out of the garage and in to the storage space in only 3 hours - so thankful for him (and his truck) moving all of the heavy stuff - especially my buddha head which weighs oh, about 3 tons. I moved the wimpy stuff.
Then, Thursday and Friday, packed up everything to go to Maine, extremely judiciously as the little princesses need to have the whole of the back of the car for their beds. I canceled a sunset cruise as I had to take a box - only one - to UPS to send to myself in Maine, and a huge bag of stuff I either forgot to move to storage or couldn't fit in my car to Gloria's shed (thank you thank you thank you I love you Gloria!) And, my three sweet friends came over last night to celebrate another fabulous winter.
the lovely Katrina (I forgive her for bringing some really disgusting wine)
The two musketeers, Sue and Florence
And, I have to say OMG!!!!! Florence brought over caviar with chopped hard boiled egg, onion, lemon and sour cream. My FAVE. I have not had it since my husband left and oh the memories. So wonderful of Florence. And, as I am always trying to do, erases the memory of him and makes a new one in it's place. A lovely new memory of friends and food and wine and laughs and love and CAVIAR! 

I'm on the road again . . . 




No comments:

Post a Comment