Friday, April 27, 2012

The wind is a steady 50 right now - I've never seen it quite this bad. Coming right at me. When we left this morning, the Lake was like a mirror, like the picture from yesterday. When I got home this afternoon, this was what I saw.

 And, it has gone from bad to worse so that now the dock is breaking up on my shore. I called Chris and now he's gone home to get his chest waders and look for some help and then they're coming back to try to salvage what hasn't been pounded to pieces.
 I was just talking to him about trying to sell this dock and get a new one. I guess my dock heard me, told the wind and waves, and now it's out to teach me a lesson. Ha!
At least the sun is poking it's head out and the wind should die down at dusk. Well, it should. As Roseann Roseannadanna says, IT'S ALWAYS SOMETHIN'!
* * *
I want to give a shout out to my brilliant genius of a nephew, Nat today. He successfully defended his thesis this week. Yay Nat! You rock!



4 comments: