Wednesday, April 18, 2012


Holy Crapoli!!
Ok, first and foremost I have to tell you what happened when I went to the liquor store today. OMG. So, I go in to buy some wine for cocktail hour tonight and I look up at the blackboard behind the cashier and it says “Seniors 55+ get 10% off on Tuesdays.”  Seniors. 55 years of age. Seniors. Excuse me? I am 55. I am not a senior! Hello? So I say to the guy behind the counter. Excuse me? I am 55. I am a senior?? He says, you’re not a senior! (My brain works furiously, lie about my age and lose the deal or admit that yes I AM a senior and get the discount. Well, of course I have to go for the deal. Ha.) So, I say do you want to see my ID? And, he says I can tell you’re not a senior but you don’t have to show me your ID.  Hmmmmm. Liar. I’m telling you, it was traumatic!
So anyhoo, Stacy came over last night and we cooked steak on the grill with charcoal briquettes which I don’t think I’ve done before. It took a while to get going but it worked out great and I had a good I am woman hear me roar moment. Yay for us. This morning we went to Frederick, MD and went shopping. Fave shop: The Muse. Shout out! Great little shop with handmade gifty things. I think my oilcloth stuff would sell really well there. Look what I bought for my cottage. I’m going to put it on the front door:
We went to the historic part of Frederick. Super nice old brick row houses and lots of antique shops. There are trompe l’oeil paintings everywhere. On bridges, the sides of buildings, alleyways. Here is one:

Bet you can’t tell what windows are real . . .  We had a wonderful fresh local organic lunch at The Orchard on Market St. and then sinned at The Candy Kitchen. I have enough food left over for the road tomorrow and the next day.
The girls were happy to see us and we had another nice long walk so Sophie could find a muddy place in the creek to make a real hot mess of herself. Oy vey – what else is new. Pleasantly tired now and a little neighborhood bear was kind enough to stop in and give Stacy a foot massage. Sweet!

We’ll be having a fire tonight because the temps will be in the 40’s here and I am LOVING IT!

I title this next picture The Bad Influence!

And, if you want to see what a senior actually looks like, here she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment