Sunday, April 29, 2012

Spring Cleaning

Well, I am pretty sure I have the deadly hantavirus as I have been cleaning up mouse poop for a week now. I do not know why the entire mouse population of Jefferson, Maine moved into my cottage this winter. I was told that it was mild this year. And, apparently, they have not heard that adage about leave only footprints because they pooped and peed everywhere. DISGUSTING. Thankfully, they had the wherewithal to drag themselves outside to die so no dead bodies.  So far.

The wind continues to blow a gale for the third day now and it is wicked cold out. 50 degrees in the sun right now. I get mad at the wind but then I think well, that is the price you pay for living right on the water so get over yourself. It kind of makes you worry though. Branches fall on the roof, cold air blows through around the windows and outlets and waves pound on the shoreline (and what remains of my dock). I had an emergency delivery of propane yesterday because I am going through it so fast to try to heat the cottage and I can't get it above 60 degrees. I was craving cold and jeans and sweaters and fires in the fireplace and baby, I got my wish!
In other news, about 60 trillion fleas hitched a ride with Lucy and Sophie from Florida to Maine so I had pest control in to treat the house. We had to stay out for 5 hours and naturally it poured rain the whole time so we were pretty much confined to the car. Then, I took them down to Animal House for baths. Now neither one is speaking to me.
P.O.'d
I can't hear you  . . .  la la la la la
In the midst of all this, for my sanity, I made this huge beach bag. Love it!  And I whipped up three more little make up bags for my friend's salon.

Hey, if I can sew, I'm happy. Yay!  

Ok, back to vacuuming up fleas and mouse poop. Such a glamorous life I lead . . .


1 comment:

  1. You do amazingly beautiful work under wicked Awful circumstances. Nice photos of the girls and the bags!

    ReplyDelete