Sunday, April 22, 2012

I felt a kinship with my Grandmommy today when I used her little hatchet to hack away the tree that trapped me and the girls yesterday. So, yeah a chainsaw might have been more effective but I got to spend some time in my head with Grandmommy and at least I can get by it now. My mom gave me the hatchet years ago for Christmas and I still keep the note she wrote me in the little case with it.
So, still feeling a bit at lose ends when I got up this morning, I realized what my problem was. I have not been sewing. Doh - head slap! So, Miss Elna and I went to work on this cute oilcloth beach bag that Sarah asked me to make for Genevieve. I ended up liking the lining better than the outside but it is still cute.
The little straps should allow her to carry it over her shoulder.
Soup for lunch and back to unpacking and then out and about to the grocery store. Because I can. Thanks to ME! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment