Thursday, April 26, 2012

Lizzie Alone but not lonely

I went out before sunrise this morning to greet the dawn. The loon was there ahead of me.
Today marks the one year anniversary of my divorce. The day I had to go in front of a judge and swear my marriage was irretrievably broken. It certainly was, wasn't it? The problem was, nobody told me it was and I had to find out the hard way. That's what happens when a man is a coward and a liar. And I truly believe that most of them are.

I've been reading Elizabeth Berg and I agree with her character who says, I think you should love your children - that is necessary because otherwise you might kill them. But to love a man? It's highly overrated and I think it's too hard and will never ever do it again.




2 comments:

  1. You looked damn good that day, too, if I remember correctly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are thinking of the deposition, I think.

    ReplyDelete