Friday, April 6, 2012

Well, I took the girls in for their annual vaccines and got some extremely BAD NEWS! We have FLEAS! Zoiks. And we don't like to point paws or name names but a certain yellow lab with fleas did visit us from Michigan last month.
 Wikipedia says, "They are wingless, with mouthparts adapted for piercing skin and sucking blood." I could not bear to read any more than that. Because I am FREAKING OUT. We have never never had fleas before. Lu is 10 and Sophie is 8 and we have NEVER had fleas. I. Am. So. Upset.
So, I went to Publix and bought Borax, of the 20 mule team and all that, and have now ground it in to all of the throw rugs. Non toxic. The doggie bedding and towels are in the washer on hot water, currently undergoing their second rinse. The girls have had Frontline applied.
And I am itching. The dogs aren't scratching. I wasn't itching before I found out. Not at all.  Now, I feel like I'm covered in the little vampires. Gross! I am going to have to develop some serious amnesia before I go to  bed tonight. I've put Lavender and Peppermint essential oil under the mattress. oy vey. It's always something...


No comments:

Post a Comment