Saturday, April 21, 2012

Sitting on my bed, too tired to even go and get my camera to get the pictures off it tonight but wanted to check in - I think because I am so completely cut off right now. I decided to go out this morning early to do some errands but there is a tree across the road. I tried to move it but it is a big huge live tree and I can't get around it and I can't move it. Went back with some clippers and my saw and my trusty little hatchet and I can almost creep around it now. Tomorrow I'll work on it a little more and I should be able to get out. It made me realize that the girls and I are the only ones here - feels like the end of the universe.
So, this is how big the tree feels but it isn't really.
Oh, and that guy is not in my road either. haha
I've unpacked the car and the rooftop carrier and have been unpacking my stuff and trying to find places for it all in my little cottage, making separate piles for the consignment shop, the thrift store and storage. I've got way too much.
At times I pride myself on being so self sufficient but pride goeth before a fall and today my neck hurts, my back hurts, I think I need to find out how to replace the works inside my toilet because it keeps running and there is mouse poop all over the place (like my underwear drawer!) in spite of (or maybe because of) the poison I put out when I left last Fall. Very discouraging.
Things will be better in the morning.
So thankful to have the internet here. My little connection to the rest of the world.
Going to take half a sleeping pill and listen to Deva Premal - and the loons of course.

2 comments:

  1. Courage!
    from Key Largo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how I missed this entry, but what a pile of challenges. You are a brave soul. And I know things are way better now. Travel approaches!! Love you.

    ReplyDelete