Thursday, May 3, 2012


I am on my way to Bali. Woohoo! I am sitting at JFK waiting for my 1:30am flight, slightly hysterical, anticipating the 16 hour flight to Hong Kong, a 4 hour shopping layover and then 5 more hours to Bali. Halfway around the world. I am going to join a batik lovers tour. I've been studying enough Indonesian to learn the requisite phrases, i.e. I don't speak Indonesian and Good Morning and I think I have Malaria, you get the picture. I never in a million years pictured myself doing this and really, when I got to Portland, I just wanted to turn around and go home but NO. I got on the plane and off I go on another adventure.
Can you believe? So, here is the suitcase I bought when I went to Ireland. Hugest suitcase ever!
Not! Check out my new purple ginormous suitcase. I call him Barney.
And look at Big Red IN Barney. I'm packing light and the plan is to have two huge batik filled suitcases for the return trip.
I'm still pinching myself.
* * *
The girls are in good hands. I wanted to share this picture with you. Last night I looked in the guest room and Florence was, wait for it . . . flossing their teeth!  I about died laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment