Thursday, May 31, 2012

Marilyn's Quilt

I think I told you about this consignment quilt I've been working on. It is for a woman who lost her husband about 10 years ago (to death, not madness). I've used his shirts for this quilt. She wanted something "swirly" so I hope this will fit the bill. I just need to finish up the binding and complete four pillow covers. 
We've been having days of rain here in Maine so the girls have been a bit stir crazy lately. Then, yesterday I worked all day, so they were ready to GO when I got home. I love this first picture - all four front legs are off the ground.
Miss Lucy is still a speed freak, even in her dotage. She's running so fast, her ears are blowing back. 
 Unlike, slowpoke Sophie, having a little salad here before her entree.
A few of my favorite things this morning (other than quilting and the girls):
-Listening to Pavorotti singing the aria, None Shall Sleep, by Puccini
-Using the rose soap my mom gave me; smells so good
-A second cup of rain forest nut coffee-yum
-Email from two of my bestest friends, Glo and Lu
-The wind ruffling the lake as the fog burns off
My affirmation today says, I am at home in the universe.  Indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment