Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Check this out. I made this little quilt for my mom when I first started quilting. I remember it so clearly because it was well above my abilities. Had a terrible time with it. I tied it because I had no clue about how to go about quilting the whole thing. Can't believe it's lasted so long - at least um well close to 20 years? Like seeing an old friend. Or frenemy.
Likewise with these placemats. Not nearly so old. Super cute - I think I did them for everybody one Christmas. They are all different front and back. Might make some more . . .
I took my Daddy to daycare again today, The Silver Club. And he liked it!!!! OMG, major breakthrough and I am so happy. Wednesday afternoons are a start, a tiny bit of respite for my mum and hopefully will translate into more.
So, I am loving whenever we hit a pothole or my dad is startled, he says Holy Toot! Never heard him say that in all my life and when I asked if that was an expression from his childhood he said, I expect so. Tonight out of the blue he said, the itty bitties are flying fast!  Made me laugh and then he laughed. It's the little things, you know? 
And what I am not loving so much? 
Only now realized I was sweating profusely and went to look under the note. Yup, he turned it up to 76 again. Note: note does not work.
And there is this:
It goes on the front door. Note: note does not work. 
So, at least one eye open at all times and when I get home to Maine: The Way Life Should Be, I'll sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment