Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Stacy and I had a fabulous time in Frederick yesterday. After coffee at Cafe Nola, we headed to the Antiques Emporium where I bought a few pieces of silverware to augment my collection. Yup, that's what the first picture is of: a big round table filled with silverware. Amazing.
We hit all our favorite shops: Ecclectibles, the Muse, the tea shop, the book shop and on and on. Love shopping with my BFF! Had a yummy lunch at Isabella's, a tapas restaurant. We shared three plates: empanadillas, goat cheese coated with house breading with carmelized onions, and the pasta del dia which was packed with scallops, shrimp and salmon. Sorry, but I won't be eating any seafood until I get back to Maine or the Fabulous Florida Keys. What was I thinking? Not bad but not wonderful.
We got a warm welcome when we got home and took the girls for a jaunt down to the creek where they played and played and played, puppies again for an hour. Of course, that took it's toll and this is what they did for the next 14 hours.

Our last day in Frederick today and we are starting out at Family Meal, another fave restaurant and there are so many here. We are off to the Delaplane School of Art to catch the latest exhibits and shop the crafts.

3 comments:

  1. And you told me that lunch at Isabella's was fabulous. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you kidding me?? It WAS fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, but your comment above said, "Not bad, but not wonderful." And there is at least 1000 miles of coastline between the two places YOU live, including Crisfield, MD, "The Seafood Capital of the World!" Just sayin'. We may have just been a bit too far from Baltimore to have great seafood.

    ReplyDelete