Thursday, May 22, 2014

Thursday with Daddy

Today - all day, ALL DAY, our focus was on my Mom. (My lovely mom who is traveling in Spain with my dearest darling niecie, Anna.) All day, all evening, and continuing now 'til I go in to say goodnight.

Dad: Do I know her?
Me: Who?
Dad: The one -- you know . . .
Me: You mean Mom?
Dad: Yes! Wait, my mom?
Me: No, my mom - your wife?
Dad: I'm MARRIED???
Me: Well yeah, that's how you got three daughters and three grandkids.
Dad: Nobody told me! How old is she?
Me: 83.
Dad: What?? Well, what does she look like?
I show him pictures
Dad: Oh, she is gorgie (I think he means gorgeous). She won't want to come here. Will she stay here?
Me: She'll be home in two weeks. She lives here with you.
Dad: She does? I don't remember her.
10 minutes later . . .
Dad: Do I know her?
Me: Who?
Dad: That one you know, him . .
Me: You mean Mom?
Dad: Yes!

you get the picture.  And speaking of pictures, we looked at a lot of them today. Over and over and over and over and over, me pointing out who was who. The one he seemed most confused about was my sister's husband. The jerk who just turned 50 and decided he didn't want to be married any more. When he asks me who he is, I say he's the a&&hole and Dad says, oh yes I remember him now.   hahahaha

Gotta  take the laughs where you can get'em.


ADDENDUM:  Just went in to say goodnight and he is still on about my mum. She's a pretty one. Are you sure we're married? Where did we meet?

* * * * 
So I saw this ad in the Oprah magazine and it said, 

You know that part in the movie where you go back and do one little thing to save yourself? 
Now is that part in the movie.  

I thought that was cool. Please, I beg of you, give something to the Alzheimer's Association (The brains behind savng yours) Even if it's one or five dollars, you can DONATE HERE. You will see it is the Spring Challenge Match and it ends on June 15th - my birthday. So, my friends, what a wonderful present for yours truly. Thanks! 



No comments:

Post a Comment