Wednesday, May 21, 2014

oy vey what a day

and each one longer than the last. Yet I am focused on gratitude. So lovely to be with my Dad and Rose. Lovely, frustrating, funny, sweet, maddening, irritating and on and on ad infinitum.
Shall I tell you about how my day started by plunging the toilet (don't ask)? The multiple wardrobe changes to convince him that winter was over, summer beginning? How I took him to the Silver Club, an adult daycare place, where the staff is so enthusiastic and sweet and patient but I felt like I was leaving a babe in preschool -- how he took my hand at the last minute - but you're coming too, right?? The constant reassurance that yes, Rose went out, yes she did both things, yes you had your lunch, yes we got the mail, no you don't need your wallet, no we can't go swimming (where?).
So, now the final pills and eye drops installed, the good-nights, under the sheets, love yous, and the sitting down to my emails, and here he comes in nightshirt and socks and boots.  But now is his up there right? No Daddy, Rose has gone to bed and so should you. 
Me too. 
Gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment