Monday, May 12, 2014

Feeling a little disconcerted about being in Maine. First of all, the lead story on the news here is that there will be fewer moose hunting permits issued this year because of the tick situation! It seems that the ticks are so bad, they are like vampires, sucking so much blood from the poor mooses, the mooses are getting anemia and dying! Holy crap! Furthermore, Lyme Disease here is at an all time high and expected to go higher this year.
And trust me: NEVER use google images to look up "tick". DON'T DO IT! You WILL be sorry. so gross

So, I'm sitting at my computer this morning and Sophie comes up to demand some attention and I say, hello my little tick magnet and sure enough, I look down and there is a tick climbing up my bathrobe. YIKES!!
This is what I saw when I got out of the shower yesterday and was about to get dressed. Zoiks, I duck walked to the closet and grabbed my robe. When I went for the camera, the guy was so concentrated on his fishing, he never looked up even when the flash went. whew
 I took this picture to show you the work I've got cut out for me but you can't really see all the leaves and tree branches and dead plants, etc. Well, it will have to wait because although I have my car unloaded, I have yet to unpack the Thule on the roof. Where to put it all . . . ?
 And, today is a sunny day and here is my beautiful Lake, the dock up on shore. It is 60 degrees.
That's all I got.

No comments:

Post a Comment